Monday, January 3, 2011

2011...the year of giving thanks

I would thank you from the bottom of my heart, but for you my heart has no bottom.  ~Author Unknown

Happy New Year everyone!

So after rereading my Bucket List on here and reposting part of it on my Facebook page as a note, I decided that the year 2011 will be my year of gratitude. I have so much to be thankful for and I don't feel as if I did enough of that last year. I know that I've taken things for granted, such as friendships and relationships with Vince and my family. Deep down inside I know that I need to give recognition to the people around me and make them realize that they are making a difference no matter what they do. There are 365 days in the year. I should be able to find that many people to thank, don't you think?

So, the first person that I decided to give thanks to is Vince.


He has been the greatest boyfriend in the history of all boyfriends. He has stuck by me through alot last year and he still continues to be there for his friends as well as my friends. He takes care of me and lets me lean on him when I need it the most, even when I don't realize that I need it. I honestly can't thank him enough, but I can at least try and promise him to be a better friend, girlfriend, and whatever he needs me to be for him.
I personally designed a thank you card at work to give him with some rare pictures of me and of us together from last year. He loved it.

Next up I thank my Dad.

 
My Dad tried to raise me the best way that he could after my Mom passed away going on 16 years ago. He is not a perfect man and shows his love for me in the oddest ways, but he loves me regardless and I know that if he could he would give me the world. I sent him a birthday card to thank him. Yeah, I know that his birthday isn't until July, but I've been holding on to this card for him for a long time and I keep on forgetting to give it to him. Better late than never right?

Anyway, that's it for now. Don't be surprised if I ask you for your mailing address. I might be thanking you at some point too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment